Can you setup an autovoice for a generic nick..?

General Help Questions and Answers

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

Can you setup an autovoice for a generic nick..?

Postby irc-user » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:22 am

Hi, in invision is it possible to setup an autovoice for say everyone who has something like [Test]- preceeding there nick, instead of a specific mask.

Many thanks for your time.

:?
irc-user

Postby cnils » Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:36 pm

Did you try to set the mask to [Test]-*!*@* ?
cnils

Postby irc-user » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:23 pm

Yes, i have tried that and i think i did it correctly but just incase, could you please tell me where and how i would do that incase i did it wrong.

Thanks again.
irc-user

User List

Postby SoNaRWaVe » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:54 pm

To either see if you have done it right, or just to add a brand new one, just go to Invision>User List.

Select which ever group you would like and add the channel and then add the hostmask in there. Last thing to check is make sure the group you have selected is doing what you want, which is auto-voice. Don't forget to check that or you might end up opping someone instead.
SoNaRWaVe

Postby irc-user » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:01 am

Thanks for the help everyone.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for what i want to do, i'm beginning to think that it isn't possible.

Basically what i want to do is to auto-voice someone who has a specific nick regardless of the host mask because generally the host masks change daily for many users and so are fairly useless for recognition.

I wanted to auto-voice for example, someone with [Test]- precedding their nick e.g. [Test]-Irc-User.

Anyway, thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

irc-user.
irc-user

Postby SoNaRWaVe » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:54 pm

I'm pretty sure that, following your example, adding [Test]*!*@* should work. Are you sure you have selected the auto-voice option on the bottom of the User List box? Are you sure you added it to the right channel?

I have had problems with this before. When I add [Test]*!*@* to the User List and click ok, Invision will add something in front of that. I don't know why, but if I correct it, it becomes ok.

Perhaps go back to the User List and recheck the hostmask part to make sure Invision hasn't added anything in front of it.
SoNaRWaVe

Postby red_out » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:53 pm

red_out

Return to General Help