General Help Questions and Answers

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

set auto IDENTIFY

Postby tommypic » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:24 am

how do or can you set auto identify with invision
tommypic

Re: set auto IDENTIFY

Postby XMog » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:58 am

Connect to the server you want to auto-identify on. Go into the Invision menu in the menu bar. The fifth line down should have the name of the server that is in focus. Click on Main Settings in that menu.

In the "Main Settings for <server>" window that pops up, click on the "Filtering & NickServ" tab. In the bottom right is the "NickServ Auto Respond" section. You should have "Enable Network Services" checked, "Enable this feature" checked, and "Enable AutoGhost" optionally checked. Then enter in your username and the password. Then click Apply.

In the "Main Settings" dialog box, you may also want to check out the "General" tab. In the top right corner is a feature called "Maintain Nick". With this enabled, if you reconnect to a server and your nick is in use (such as if your old connection did not time out yet, or is caught in a netsplit), Invision will keep trying to switch you to the nick you choose. This works well when combined with the auto-identify and auto-ghost features.
XMog
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TMarie » Thu May 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Running Invison 3.5 and latest version of mIRC, this does not seem to be working, have to manually INDENTIFY with NickServ.
Have triple checked settings but cannot get Invision to auto Identify for me.

Thanks for any suggestions

Talia
TMarie

Postby XMog » Fri May 06, 2016 7:38 am

XMog
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TMarie » Fri May 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi there,

I am using random DalNet servers, which requires the following command:

/msg NickServ@services.dal.net IDENTIFY <my password>

It would appear the Invision script does not use that command.

I have been using your script for years and it is by far the best out there that works with the mIRC client!

Maybe this could be a possible add during your next update? 8)

Thanks for your help and again, GREAT script

Talia
TMarie

Postby XMog » Sun May 08, 2016 9:46 am

Invision should definitely work fine on Dalnet. I will check sometime this week to see if there's anything on Dalnet that would prevent it from working.

Edit: The reason Invision does not auto-identify on Dalnet is that Dalnet never actually requests you to log in/identify when you connect to the server. Most servers send this text (or similar) when connecting or switching to a nick that is registered:

*NickServ* This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
*NickServ* nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
*NickServ* please choose a different nick.

Dalnet no longer sends that text, so there is no indication from the server that an identify is wanted.

I may make an option in the future to force the identify command to be sent when connecting or changing nicks, but for now use the method in the previous post (mIRC's "perform" function) to identify. Step by step instructions: In mIRC, hit Alt+O (or go to Tools -> Options in the menu), go to Connect -> Options, click the Perform button, check "Enable perform on connect," click Add, select Dalnet, click OK, type "/nickserv identify <your_pass>" into the box, and click OK twice.
XMog
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alice » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:45 pm

XMog,

Are you still planning to make an update to Invision ? Is funding a concern ? maybe donation could help ?
let us know.
alice

Postby XMog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:26 am

XMog
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alice » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:53 am

alice

Postby XMog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:26 am