DCC Send Display

Known Issues, Bugs Reports, and Work Arounds

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

DCC Send Display

Postby Riamus » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:05 pm

I've seen this in the past a few times and now I'm seeing it frequently... for some reason, the DCC Send Display (where you see percentage complete, with the bar display of it and such) is not displaying correctly. Rather than the normal dark blue, it is resuming (or starting) with a light blue line instead. Anything that is light blue is not updated on the display, so percentage is incorrect as well as bytes sent. Any ideas as to what's causing that?
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby L|B » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:10 am

I have seen this to on smaller files it will have a light blue marker then the darker one will follow along with it
Setup And Trouble Shooting http://www.ircmadeasy.com
L|B
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Except

Postby Riamus » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:19 am

Yes, normally that's what you see... but this was on large files and the dark blue was perhaps 100MB behind and not following at all. :)
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby cnils » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:50 am

The two colors following each other is a visualisation of the PDCC thing.
That means that you can send several packets without requireing an confirmation from the receiver until later. The difference between the light and dark bars shows how many pending packets there are at any given time.
Try again after a "/pdcc 10" command. You can expirement by changing that value to something else to improve performance.
cnils

So...

Postby Riamus » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:05 am

So this means that the person I'm sending to isn't confirming they have received the data? Makes sense.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby cnils » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:26 am

Not completly. The default max number of pending packets should not be large enough to create a lag of 100MB. Perhaps you or some script you're using increased the value to some insane number. I've seen recomendations on the net to raise it to extrem numbers to improve on performanse. I don't beleave that's the way to go though. On the other hand, I have't done any testing so I'm not sure what value works best.
cnils

No...

Postby Riamus » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:09 pm

It's something that just started happening without any change in scripts. The only difference is the port I'm using for Reverse DCC... perhaps because I'm using port 110, that is the problem. Who knows. All I care about is that it does send no matter what it's displaying. :)
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bugs and Fixes