MAJOR BUG in INVISION LATEST BUILD!!!!

Known Issues, Bugs Reports, and Work Arounds

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

MAJOR BUG in INVISION LATEST BUILD!!!!

Postby pmendu » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:38 am

HI guys,

If the system restarts UNEXPECTEDLY, INVISION looses all settings and also UNLOADS all REMOTES/ALIASES etc.. files... it completely deletes settings in other 3rd part ADDON scripts too too...

This is from the recent script I got from L|B from #Invison channel... which is 3515 w/PACK A fixes.

As known before, if you connect to SAME SERVER twice, Invision screw up too!!! :(

Could you pls code something, such that you can prevent ppl from connecting to same SERVERS twice, hence preventing the file corruption?

PLS PROVIDE a solution for this ASAP!!! I soo love invision, and dont want to move to Syreset /Excursion just becoz of this problem :(....
I also plan on setting up INVISION as Service eventually...
pmendu

Notes

Postby Riamus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:01 am

1) It's easy to not connect to the same server twice. We could put a warning message there, but it isn't really needed.

2) You will only lose settings from a crash if your settings had not yet saved. Currently they save every 10-15 minutes... that will change to a proper way to save settings with the next update (official or unofficial).

3) Invision cannot and will not erase settings from other scripts unless those other scripts use the same variable names (which is unlikely because Invision uses pretty unique variable names). If you lose settings from other scripts when you crash, it's not Invision's fault.

4) If your scripts/aliases are unloading when you crash, then it's a problem caused by the crash and is mIRC-related, not Invision-related.

Note that crashes often cause messed up data. That's not something a script can fix. Keep backups and you'll be fine.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby pmendu » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 am

Thanks a lot for reply Riamus...

Could you pls provide me a CODe that would prevent me from connecting to same servers twice...

One more thing, Could you pls let me know on how to connect to 2 diff servers on startup?
Like, I am plan to setup Invision as service when I am not home, so when ever Invision starts, it should connect to 2 diff networks and use the PERFORM to join channels.. Right now, I have setup PERFORM for 1 network, not sure how to setup for other..

It should always connect to IRCSUPER first and then EFNET.
pmendu

Info

Postby Riamus » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:40 am

You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby pmendu » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:47 am

pmendu

-i

Postby Riamus » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:37 am

Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby C45P3R » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:04 am

C45P3R

Return to Bugs and Fixes