BUG: Userlist not showing

Known Issues, Bugs Reports, and Work Arounds

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

BUG: Userlist not showing

Postby inpherno3 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:19 am

Just fresh installed 3.2 w/ mirc 7.1. Windows 7 64bit (OS) All channels will not display userlist. Not sure how to exactly describe the issue, but if anyone remembers when a window in "windows" freezes, and you try to drag it anywhere, you get the window pane effect. Tried looking at all options and location of userlist but cannot seem to fix it.
inpherno3

Re: BUG: Userlist not showing

Postby Riamus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:32 pm

You're talking about Invision menu > User List Manager? It shows up fine for me on Windows 7 32bit and there isn't anything special about that compared to any other dialog that shows up. Do you have any other scripts loaded? Are you using a legit copy of mIRC or a cracked copy?
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby inpherno3 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:26 pm

No, im talking about the userlist on the right hand side that shows the actual connected users to the channel. The user list manager works flawlessly without a hitch. I am using an unregistered copy of MIRC 7.1 w/ the annoying continue continue. This is a fresh install so no scripts other that what came w/ invision is loaded.
inpherno3

Postby Riamus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 am

Some things to try:

Try right clicking on a channel name in the switchbar or treebar and choose Maximize. See if that helps.
Make absolutely sure you're connected to the network all of the way (you are seeing people talking).
If you're trying to join a channel with a character like ä or some other accented character, try something without those such as #help.

If those don't help at all, try installing just mIRC from mirc.com and see if you can see the list there. It may be a mIRC issue you're having.
If it doesn't happen with only mIRC, then try installing the Invision Only option on top of that new mIRC's folder and try it again.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yusuke » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 am

Also try right clicking on a channel name and choosing 'Nick List...' and see what's set there. If auto-hide nicklist is set. If it is, uncheck it.
It's only Illegal if you get caught...
Yusuke

Postby inpherno3 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:58 pm

redownloaded mirc and installed seperatly, mirc is not giving me the same problem.
inpherno3

Postby Riamus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 am

You did not say if you tried anything listed.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby inpherno3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:58 am

Sorry, yes i tried everything that was listed. Nothing worked. Just that the nick list on a regular base version of Mirc 7.1 did in fact show a nick list.

I can talk to other irc'ers (if you will) just fine, i am connected through a znc bouncer. Its just the nick list that is giving troubles.
inpherno3

Postby Riamus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:50 pm

If you connect normally, can you see it? Have you tried reinstalling Invision by either:

1) Install mIRC 7.1, then install Invision using the Invision Only option.
2) Don't install mIRC and then install Invision using the Invision+mIRC option.

Don't import settings. Don't use your old mirc.ini file or any other settings files.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hidinginthelight » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:05 am

I'm actually having the same issue. For me the user list shows just fine, until I change the Font size of the chat window, after that the userlist is seethrough. Where there are no names, I get the default black background, but where usernames would appear, I see the window that is behind mIRC/invision.

Closing and restarting mIRC doen't help, the problem persists. Reinstalling Invision over itself fixed it, but only until I adjusted the font size again.

*Edit* Had something to do with the Font Type, which I didn't change, however, changing it after the problem fixed it.
Hidinginthelight

Postby Riamus » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:30 am

Sounds like it might be an issue in mIRC. Which font type is causing the problem?
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bugs and Fixes