sorry to say that your installer is way too stupid

Suggest or Comment on Features

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

sorry to say that your installer is way too stupid

Postby Namume » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:24 pm

Namume

Which one?

Postby Riamus » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:56 pm

You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Namume » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:56 pm

Namume

Heh

Postby Riamus » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:21 pm

You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

installer

Postby lololol » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:31 am

I have multiple hard drives and share across a network, and have installed this on two linux machines, and 4 windozeXPpro machines, the installer bugged out on me at that point too, but think about it, if you have gigs and gigs of shareable media, and gigs and gigs of different drives, its gonna bug out, specially if you runnin like 128MB's of pc133mhz dimm ram, on a machine totally not meant to still be alive, i just skipped that part, and of course, i have my own directories made, and i just attatch those to the triggers and what not that i want too, SOOOOOOO....

I too have had issues with this part of the install, BUT< it was totally MY Fault for owning a complete waste of computing machinery, now, on all the OTHERS< WOOOT perfect installZ, uhm, but they have like a gig of some unknown alien ram i guess, from alienware. they gamin machines, they roXorZ, so maybe that why.. cuz then into the gigahertz processors, and not the 533mhz celeron i was using in the afforementioned peice of crap.

so on my part i was an I D dot ten T error
"did you do too many drugs?, I did too many drugs?" "Did you do too many drugs, too?" "Baby."

-violent femmes "American Music"

+lololol
/server irc.sexnet.org
/join mp3_zone
lololol

Lol

Postby Riamus » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:45 am

Lol! Besides, by removing the search for mIRC feature, you run into the problem that half the people who have install problems complain about... they install Invision to one folder and mIRC to another and can't figure out why it doesn't work. :)
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

spr puke

Postby lololol » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:30 am

yeah when i started fserv's i was trying out SPR for like 2 dayz... then trashed it cuz a really cool dude turned me on to this script :P We tried acidmaX yet it wasn't as nice, i hated it actually, it was a paranoid persons dream though i guess.

but the install path i have always used for mirc, is c:/mirc, simply put, same place i put invision works flawlessly and i always do a clean install of both, since it take like one minute, even on a complete peice of sh1t pc.

so c:/mirc is a good bet to help clear up ANY issue right?
kinda like,dont fix it if it worx right?
"did you do too many drugs?, I did too many drugs?" "Did you do too many drugs, too?" "Baby."

-violent femmes "American Music"

+lololol
/server irc.sexnet.org
/join mp3_zone
lololol

Postby diplomat696 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:29 pm

diplomat696

The Installer

Postby webhead » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:34 am

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
webhead

Postby diplomat696 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:23 am

diplomat696

Return to Feature Suggestions