Winamp

Suggest or Comment on Features

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

Winamp

Postby The_ShadowWw » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:58 am

The_ShadowWw

Re: Winamp

Postby squidward » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:24 am

not sure if this is the right place i just installed invision 3 and i thing i would like to see is .avi in ur list the place i hang out we love watching music videos so i would like to send them also, so its its not that give of a deal the add avi into ur avi some how or in fact any type of file that plays in winamp should be allowed to be seen and sent. Thank you for hearing me out..
squidward

Postby Riamus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:32 am

You can send any type of file already. You can do it manually, or you can set up a server (fserv, tdcc, xdcc, mp3) to let people download automatically. Regarding displaying video, mIRC doesn't offer any form of video display, so it is not available in mIRC.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby squidward » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:05 am

Ok thanks i know about the servers i was just wondering about whats playing at the moment to have a !gettune so it sends auto the playing tune if someone wanted it... Thanks for the reply
squidward

Postby Riamus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:17 pm

You *should* be able to use the mp3 server and just add .avi or whatever to the list of filetypes. I've never tested that and don't know of anyone else who has, but try it out. I don't see why it wouldn't work the same was as mp3s. I also don't really know if the mp3 server works when playing from Winamp (when you have Invision set to use Winamp in Main Settings) or if it only works when playing from within mIRC. You'll have to test it out. If it works, let me know.

Beyond that, there are some Winamp scripts/DLLs out there that you could use that may also work for what you need. I think most people aren't going to really be sharing movies/videos that they are watching on a regular basis. Music is short and you can let music play non-stop and not mind hearing it. Movies/videos are longer (usually) and aren't usually played non-stop. I think most people wouldn't need such a feature, so adding it to Invision doesn't seem appropriate to me. And, if it works using the mp3 server, then it's already possible.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DJ_Arnaud67 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 pm

hi, i recommend gtsdll even if development was stopped, works well
DJ_Arnaud67

Return to Feature Suggestions