Search Engine

An area for those working on addons and mods for Invision and/or mIRC.

Moderators: L|B, cryoa, Riamus, XMog

Search Engine

Postby Riamus » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:23 pm

Ok, my channel has been using an updated search engine script (not based off @find... it's completely from scratch) for a long time now and our visitors love using it instead of the standard @find. And since I just updated it so it searches roman numberals & arabic numbers at the same time if that is the last part of the search request (ie. Space Quest 4 will search "4" and "IV" and vice versa), I decided I'd offer to share this with others.

If you are the OP of a channel that has a bot and would like an improved version of @find, come see me in #OldGames on Undernet. You can test the search engine by doing some search in the format: @games search (just replace "search" with what you want). If you like it and want it for your channel, let me know.

Note that every fserv will have to run a small script that will create and send updated file lists to the bot that is running the main search script. All results from a search are sent from the bot and not from each fserv. This means that people searching will get all results in a single window and it doesn't slow down any of the individual servers (a reason some servers disable @find).

Ask any questions here, or ask me in the channel (or msg me there). Be sure that if you get this script, you check this post once in awhile to see if I have updated the script.

Also, let me know what you think of the Playlist script that is listed below in this forum if you have used it. I've had very little feedback about it.
You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LoSko » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:33 am

LoSko

No

Postby Riamus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:51 am

You can find me at #Invision on irc.irchighway.net or #OldGames on irc.undernet.org if you need me for anything.
Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LoSko » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:30 am

Good!
Uhm...why not make the script recognise all roman numbers, so that also the second example (bad), can be converted?

Example...if the script finds: I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX etc.. (and obviously they are single words), they're converted into their respective arabic, and both search are made.

Will be this feature added in next version of Invision? It could be useful!
LoSko

Well...

Postby Riamus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:02 am

Riamus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Developers Corner